Sunday, September 14, 2014

Alicia Keys on Being the Face found in a Fragrance - and How Motherhood Impacted Her Mane Game

Alicia Strings isn't afraid of a fashion or cosmetic risk. How do we know? Well, omega watches been checking out her bold beauty on the red carpet for years — and she told us so down one-on-one interview while promoting iPhone 5 case Givenchy's new fragrance. The collaboration was obviously a natural fit for Keys, who is been friends with Givenchy very creative director Riccardo Tisci for years, along with who dressed her in a fantastic golden gown for the ad open fire ? launch. Below, check out what the soon-to-be mommy of two, 33, told many of us about her "Dahlia Divin" cooperation.

Givenchy iPhone 5S Case Mad Dog

Believe it or not, this is Keys's first ever cosmetic campaign.

"I feel like it was the right kind of traffic, the right moment, the right time. What Dahlia Divin really represents is the contemporary goddess. I love thinking of women so modern-day goddesses, because that's instead, what we are! I also love that that is this balance between strength and refined, raw and sensual. The nature of the product of Givenchy iPhone cover is like this beautiful formula, and that's who I am quite. It all aligned at the right move. Plus, I want to smell like the great balance of a good beautiful perfume, but not too girly or floral-y. I don't want something strong. "

She's been collaborating with Tisci for years on the red carpet.

"We've worked together on so many precious moments. He did some immaculate looks for me at previous Connected with Balls. He did a really precious one-of-a-kind look for me that I produced for the 10th anniversary of my own first album. So there are precious little monumental moments that omega watches had together. This year, Givenchy can be usually sponsoring my Black Ball, which often happens on October 30. Too there's a real synergy happening seem to be, and I think Riccardo is just a beautiful the humanity. I love how he is. He's a great time, very alive, but he's incredibly soulful — he's my beauty. "

Her husband Swizz Beatz is her No . 1 electricity powered fan. (Cue the "awwws! ")

"He loved the Givenchy campaign. Having been really happy with it. It almost have a purity to it — very simple, great number of simplicity that's just purely had. I think that's what this is comprising: being purely yourself. "

Swizz is also a mixologist when it comes to fragrances.

"He loves scents, and he wears several really beautiful Tom Ford aftershaves. He has a variety. He has a little bit of belongings from everywhere. He'll mix belongings. He smells great. "

A godmother introduced her to parfum for the first time.

"She was the first one to obtain me to get my nails hand crafted and my first pedicure, and he or she would spray her perfumes on to me. And my grandmother fell in love with gardenias. That smell of that increased today just brings back beautiful story for me. It's so cool in what way perfume and scent relate System.Drawing.Bitmap. Same thing with music. When you know a song, you're transported to this place. The same with a smell, someone is transported. "

When it comes to style motivation, she looks to fellow female performers.

"I just love people who are plainly and bravely themselves. I think coming from all Gwen Stefani a lot, because she has always in her own zone. I furthermore like certain things that Rihanna wear because, again, she's boldly by her own zone. I love Prince of the as a musician — he's within the own stratosphere. "

Becoming a mommy gave her the courage to take her hair.

"You just truly feel empowered. You find there's this completely empowered side to you and you will be like, 'I'll do whatever. Nothing I want! I'll do it! '"

As well as her buzzed style is here to stay.

"I totally love the shaved vibe. It has so much fun and I love having short-hair, period. It's really easy. I'm girl enjoying it. Again, it's girl my personality. I enjoy the ease, the ease, the freedom. Just happen to be myself. "

Sign up for our and also and other special offers:

No comments:

Post a Comment